Sunday, March 9, 2014

SOL 9/31- Max and Kam's Class

I'm sitting on the bus with Julia and we're just talking and eating and relaxing. Finally we get here and I just don't want to get out of the bus. Last time I went snowshoeing it wasn't the best. But I finally get out of the bus and I feel the cold chill of the outside. The wind is blowing and the snow is blowing along with the wind. It is not that cold because I'm dressed in layers but the minute I put my snowshoes on and start to walk to the trail, I feel the hatred of snowshoeing rising up from me. The sun is hidden above the trees, in the dull, sad clouds. The wind blows harder and harder, swirling the snow around. I am so looking forward to a break! I waddle and talk, and listen to the crunch of the snow. Crunch crunch crunch crunch. I love that sound, and even though I hate snowshoeing, I get to see the beauty of the snow covering the trees and the snow glistening everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. Nice dichotomy in this piece as you describe not liking snowshoeing and enjoying the sounds and sights of the day.

    ReplyDelete