Wednesday, March 5, 2014

SOL 5/31- Max and Kam's Class

I step onto the ice and grab onto the sideline of the ice rink. I finally get a hold of myself and let go. I take a deep breath and push my skate off the ice. I'm at Big Bear, and I'm having the time of my life. I haven't ice skated for a while, but I didn't dare to hold onto the side and I just enjoyed the ice. I imagined it being only me and the ice. 'Me and the ice' - I repeated. I glide around the ice and almost crash into some people. Time passes so quickly, although it seems to be just ten minutes ago I came here. I take a break with my friend and we enjoy some ice tea and a snack. This was so much fun, that I wish every day was like this.

5 comments:

  1. I like your opening lines, because that's exactly what I'm like when I go ice skating:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I agree- i love the "Me and the Ice" sentence it is really intriging

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll Bet That Was A Blast! I Loved The Opening As Well! That's How I Skate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job painting a vivid scenario for the reader! I could really imagine that scene well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me of when we went skating on the holiday walk and I skated even though I was scared and really didn't want to. But had lots of fun! Thanks for reminding me of that great memory!

    ReplyDelete