Wednesday, March 19, 2014

SOL 19/31- Max and Kam's Class

I'm sitting in the audience of the theater, with my little neighbor and my mom, waiting for the show to start. I am here to watch Frog and Toad, a musical that we put on. The lights dim followed by darkness. I see two shadows, actors going into their places. The lights slowly come back on, and the music fades. Frog and Toad start with their first lines and I know this musical will be great. Laughter and joy fill the air and before I know it, it's intermission. I play some tag outside with the other kids and then I run back inside to watch the rest of the show. When it ends we congratulate everyone and walk outside to the car, smiles on our faces. That was one of the best musicals yet, and I can't wait to see more (unless I'm in them).

2 comments:

  1. Good job writing the buildup before the play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this slice and waiting for a show to begin. Since I see many shows, I feel this way a lot. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete