Wednesday, March 26, 2014

SOL 26/31- Max and Kam's Class

When I was about eight years old, I went to Florida with my parents. We stayed at the Hilton hotel, which was really nice and not far from Disney World. One day my dad went for a swim early in the morning while I was asleep. When I woke up I glanced out the window and saw the sun shining, and the ocean a dark blue. My mom was in the shower, so I just turned on the TV. My stomach growled, and I couldn't wait for my dad to come back so we could all eat breakfast at a restaurant. I got dressed, so we could go right away. Suddenly, the door clicked open and my dad came in holding a sea shell, his hair all wet. The shell was big, about the size of an adult's fist. I picked it up, and it was a little heavy. I see two big blue eyes peek out of the shell, followed by a large hairy body. I shriek, and hand it back to my dad. 'It's just a little crab, see? He can't even get out of the shell.' I look over at the shell and see the crab slip back into the shell. Crawl Crawl Slip Slide. The pattern continues for a couple minutes. 

A little later after we eat breakfast my parents and I go over to a beach with the crab. We go over to a platform, followed by a port. The crab keeps trying to get out, so we go near the ocean water and let the crab go. I was a little scared of the crab, but later that night, I fell asleep thinking of good names for him.

4 comments:

  1. awww...that's so cute. I think. I don't know if I'm talking about the crab or your 8-year-old self. I liked this slice of life because it focused on one small thing about your trip to Disney World, not the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to Disney World, did you guys ever go on that trip? I like the slice and I think it would be cool if you did a slice about Disney World to your 8 year old self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we went to Disney World the next day.

      Delete
  3. As always, a very descriptive slice of life! Good work. Did you ever decide on what to call the crab?

    ReplyDelete