Thursday, March 6, 2014

SOL 6/31- Max and Kam's Class

I run over to the field in school, the sun shining and making me hot. That's Colorado, one day it snows and the next, its sunny and hot and 60 degrees. I'm wearing short sleeves and I'm fanning myself with my hands. I run and play ninja with my friends, and we fool around. I'm the second one out, so I run around and fool around. The grass is still yellow and dry, although its sprouting little green highlights. By the time recess ends, I'm panting and hot and happy. I walk into the school, and its refreshing. I get straight to work, and I will always remember how much fun I had that recess.

4 comments:

  1. That is exactly Colorado but it's almost always dry. I liked the sentence about the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love days like that, except when in I'm in like a sweater and black pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the joys of Colorado weather! It is so fun to watch you all run about during recess, burning off that excess energy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your description is lovely. You paint such a vivid scene of this moment.
    I also think your use of present tense works very well. I feel like I am in the moment with you.

    ReplyDelete