Wednesday, March 4, 2015

SOL-4/31 March 4th

My feet bury themselves in the sand, causing me to sink deeper and deeper into the ground.  The wind carries some umbrellas far from their spot on the beach. The ocean waves crash onto the sand. I run over to the water, and its surprisingly warm. After being in the water for a while and jumping over the waves, I go back to where my mom and aunt are and lay down on my towel. I close my eyes, and just listen to the ocean waves, splashing against the sand, peacefully. After a few moments (or so it seems) I feel my mom shaking me and saying
"Wake up! It's time to go eat lunch!"
"Did I fall asleep?"
"Yep."
I was pretty young at the time, around 6, when we used to go to California every summer for 2 weeks. At lunch, we have some sandwiches, and then went back to my aunts house.

1 comment:

  1. Abby, your descriptive language made me feel like I was at the beach!

    ReplyDelete