Monday, January 5, 2015

SOL- Snowy Days

The snow attacks my googles as I ski through the bumps. The snow on the ground has a layer of fresh snow which is really fun to ski on. My face is a pink color, cold from the freezing wind. I stab my pole into the snow, and ski around it. My dad and I get to the end of the run, and rush onto a chair lift,  around a ton of people trying to get on.
The snow has stopped. But my dad and I keep skiing, until we are so tiered we can barely walk. We make our way to the parking lot, where my mom is, waiting to pick us up. Since we didn't have lunch, we stop by Subway and eat a delicious meal. We go back to our mountain house, where we pack up our stuff and get ready to leave the mountains. But that was a mistake. We drive up to Loveland Pass, where traffic awaits. We left at 3:30, and it's already 7:15. We slowly make our way to Georgetown, where we get gas and keep going.
9:00. We are finally back at our house, and our neighbors give us a call if we want to come over to eat a late dinner. Even though we got stuck in traffic for 5 and a half hours, we had a great time in the mountains.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun (besides the traffic!). I'm glad that it sounds like you had a good break, and Nice SOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the opening line of this SOL, with the image of snow attacking your googles as you ski.

    ReplyDelete