Monday, November 3, 2014

Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys

Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys

This is a book about a girl name Josie, who is 17 and she has a tough life. She lives in New Orleans, and works at a bookstore with her friend named Patrick. Patrick has a really hard life because his mother left him and his dad, who has a mental illness and everyone who knows must keep a secret. Back to Josie, she meets a lot of new people and lives in her own apartment, next to a woman named Willie who Josie basically works for.

This book is hard to describe without giving everything away, but it is a really good book in many ways. This is a mysterious type of book, mixed in with friendship, a little bit of romance, and more. The book covers some mature topics about life, and relationships, but not too much. I would say my favorite character is Josie, the main character, because she is very independent and helpful. She is also very smart, and nice, which is what a lot of people look for. She has a tough life, like I said before, but she knows what to do and if she needs help, who to ask. I like how the writing is very descriptive in this book, and you can imagine what is going on. What I would say isn't the best is that some parts are really confusing, because the book switches from one topic to another.

TBR:
Threatened
Ready Player One
If I Stay
Maze Runner
My book group book is 1984, so that is the book I am currently reading.

1 comment: