Wednesday, November 19, 2014

SOL- Thanksgiving Break 2013

The sun burns down on my back and I breathe in the humid summer air of Mexico. I take my Strawberry Daiquiri and plop down onto the underwater barstool. My cousin Simon (who is my age) plops down next to me and we sip our drinks. My 15 year old cousin Sarah, (Simon's sister) swims over to us and orders a drink in the pool bar. We laugh and talk, while enjoying are delicious drinks, in the hot sun. After finishing our drinks, we swim over to the rock wall. I race them, and eventually win and climb up onto the water rock wall thing. I look around to make sure the lifeguard isn't looking, and go onto the ledge and jump into the water with a splash. Simon follows my lead, and makes a HUGE splash. Then I climb back onto the wall and plop down onto the ledge. Since the rock wall has water, its like more of a waterfall thing, I slide gracefully into the water.
We do this a couple of times, without getting caught, and Simon decides to climb high up on the rock wall. All the sudden we hear a blast from the whistle the lifeguard is blowing into, and the lifeguard motions Simon to get off the wall. Sarah and I try to keep in the laughter hill Simon slowly crawls down. I swim away, toward the bar to get some soda with Sarah. Simon calls out "Wait! I'm coming too!" I ignore him, and I keep swimming. Those days in Mexico were amazing, and I can't believe I'm coming there soon.

3 comments:

  1. Mexico sounds cool. I like Europe though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Mexico once or twice when I was little but I haven't been in a long time but that sounds like it was an incredible time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to Mexico, but you made it sound pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete