Monday, October 27, 2014

Shooting the Moon by Frances O'Roark Dowell

Shooting the Moon by Frances O'Roark Dowell

This book is about a girl who is an Army kid, meaning some of her family is in the army and they participate in all of that stuff. They live in America, and when Jamie's (the main character) brother TJ joins the army and is sent to Vietnam, Jamie has mixed feelings. There are many ways to feel, sad, excited, scared, worried, happy, and Jamie feels them all. That summer she helps out at the local army rec center where she meets a lot of new people, and spends time with them. Her brother takes a lot of beautiful pictures and sends many letters, and Jaime keeps them and loves them.

I honestly didn't enjoy this book, I mean, some parts were interesting but overall the book sometimes went into too much detail. I didn't really expect this book to be like this, but you can't judge a book by its cover. The book is very short, I feel like if it was longer it would have been more interesting, and the ending is fairly abrupt. It has no mature topics or language at all, and I think this book was an overall easy read.

TBR
 Ready Player One- Andrew
Everlost- Sofie and Briahn
The Promise of a Pencil
Out of the Easy

3 comments:

  1. Huh, I guess that I would look at the cove. I may judge it by it's cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion, I really want to read it!

    ReplyDelete