Tuesday, November 11, 2014

SOL #2-Winter Break in Ryan's Class

Winter was making its way to Denver, but I couldn't wait. So for Winter Break, my mom, my mom's friend from New Jersey, my friends from New Jersey, and I drove to the mountains. But there was one problem. I couldn't ski. Not that I didn't know how, but I couldn't, because recently, my tenant (I don't know if that's spelled right) got irritated and I had to be in a boot to keep my ankle secure. But I could go tubing. So I took that opportunity and we all drove to Copper Mountain, to go tubing. Here's the thing, my boot wasn't water proof (here's the embarrassing part). So I had to do what? Wear a TRASH BAG over my boot. Trust me. It was embarrassing. I did not want to walk around copper, and go tubing with a trash bag on my foot. But if I didn't put it on, my boot wouldn't be covered and my toes would get wet. So I put it on, but we had an extra trash bag. I made my friend put it on, so I wouldn't be the only one wearing a trash bag. As I helped her put it over one of her snow boots, she kept talking and talking about how she didn't want to do it. But, as soon as we got out of the car, we found a spot to walk where our feet wouldn't be seen. When we got our tickets to go tubing, my friend and I went onto the 'magic carpet' with our double tube while our moms took pictures at the bottom. My face flushed with embarrassment and so did my friend's. But at least I wasn't the only one.

 We got to the point where we got to sit in our tube, and the guy asked us "Turn fast, medium, or slow? Or don't turn at all." "Turn. Fast." We said. But we had to wait until the person in front of us got to the bottom, so the guy decided to ask: "What happened to your guy's feet?" Immediately, the guys walkie-talkie said that it was safe to go, so he have us a push and we went off, turning like crazy.

Of course, the hour of tubing went by so fast, because we were having a lot of fun. We went over to our moms, who were smiling. With the cold weather and stuff, how could' you get a hot chocolate? Obviously, we went to Starbucks and got hot chocolate, and I ripped the trash bag off my foot. We had a great time tubing, but when we got to our mountain house, my friend had some revenge planned.

7 comments:

  1. I think it's tendon, but great SOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like fun... haha trash bags! Nice sol great description. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. Of course it's a trash bag! Of all things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great SOL, Abby! So full of life and fun and personality! I love this line: "Obviously, we went to Starbucks and got hot chocolate, and I ripped the trash bag off my foot."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember doing something like this with my best friend. This reminds of the times I had with her which is really weird because I have almost forgotten about her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol trash bags. ;) that sounds like so much fun but embarrasing to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds awesome! I've been tubing at Copper once and it was really fun. I loved when the guy asked what happened to your foot :)

    ReplyDelete