Monday, November 10, 2014

1984(Book Group- Week One)

1984 by George Orwell (Week One)

This book is about a 35 year old man named Winston Smith, who lives in London. At that that time, no one had any freedom. There wasn't a single spot where there wasn't a sign that said "Big Brother is watching you." Big Brother is a person, who has a lot of other people working for him, to watch everyone 24/7. They watch something everyone through a telescreen, which is basically a security camera that you can not turn off. You can't have any feelings, you can't cry, anything, or else you will be sent to jail and tortured there.

I can't really say much because I am not finished with the book, it's only my first week, and it is my book group book. I think this book is pretty good so far, except it is really confusing, and some parts are a little boring. It is kind of a mystery, but more of a realistic fiction sort of thing. It covers some mature topics with torture and stuff like that, but I would recommend it for anyone who is ready for stuff like that. I think this shows how many feelings and thoughts people have to keep on the inside, and how people rebel and face the consequences of that. My favorite character would probably be Winston, because it shows how he rebels and falls in love, when you can't. He also is the main character, and so it talks about his feelings and how he has to live through that life.

TBR
Dear Bully
The Promise of a Pencil
If I Stay

1 comment:

  1. I'm not in the book group, but I"ve read it and I really agree with you, even though I kinda hated winston :)

    ReplyDelete