Thursday, April 23, 2015

Logan Poetry Map- Memories

#1

Looking back,
It's funny.
How scary it was walking
Through those front doors,
Finding the classroom
Where the next 9 years
Of my life begin.
I wouldn't let go of my mom,
I was too scared.
I didn't know anyone,
And one question kept
Entering my mind:
"Will I find any friends?"
And I did.
This was where I started
To learn more about school,
And everything.
It all was new to me.
Preschool was fine,
But I didn't learn.
I wouldn't still be here
Without this experience.
Walking out those 'huge' front doors
I walked into,
A scared little girl,
Will be hard.


#2

It gets taken away,
For maybe a little more than a day.
When there is snow,
We're out there you know
And out there we will all stay.

It's where we eat,
It's very sweet,
It's where we bond,
Even if there are ponds,
For that is how we greet.

1 comment:

  1. I really like both, but especially the first one.I agree, walking out the " those 'huge' front doors I walked into, A scared little girl, Will be hard." Nice!

    ReplyDelete