Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Unfairness

Why is life so unfair sometimes? I have no idea. But what I do know is that there have been many unfair situations in my life that I still remember. Here's one of them:
I walk into the classroom from math, and head into the meeting area. For some reason, there is a trash can near Max's desk but I don't pay too much to that. I plop down on the ground, not too far from the trash bin, but not too close. For some reason, Max hands each of us a piece of paper with random writing on it. We wait for everyone to come into the classroom, and then Max announces "Crumple up the piece of paper that you got into a ball." I smash mine into a wrinkly ball, waiting for the next instructions. He points to the trash can, and says "Ok. Now, you all with have a turn to throw your paper ball into the trash can. If you make it, you get a piece of candy. If you miss, no candy for you." There are a few people who are right next to the trash can, so of course, they will make it, and get a piece of candy. But I have a better chance of winning. When it's my turn to shoot, the ball shoots through the air and looks like it will land in the bin, but of course, I miss. I didn't expect to make it, but the ball bounced off of the rim and it looked like someone just slightly blew on it so it landed on the ground. I felt bad for the people who were super far from the bin, because they didn't have a big chance of making it. So as Max promised, he gave the people who made it a piece of candy, and the people who missed, nothing. It was unfair, because we didn't know that we should sit closer to the trash can, but the people who sat really close to it of course made it. The thing is, it isn't that big of a deal, that I didn't get candy and neither did the other people who missed, but there are things that are a bigger deal than not getting a single piece of candy.

2 comments:

  1. That wasn't fair, but I did make because of luck. It really isn't fair, so I understand why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You tell the story really well.

    ReplyDelete