Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Rethinking Normal By Katie Rain Hall

This book is memoir about a boy named Luke who feels uncomfortable with his own body (I know, it sounds strange, but it gets weirder) and he feels like a girl trapped in a boy's body. He decides to get surgery, to become a girl, and so now his name is Katie and he is transgender. This book is a memoir like I mentioned before, and Katie was fairly young when she wrote it. She is very smart, and talented, but she goes through some bullying along the way since she is trans. This is a strange book, but I liked it, although it wasn't my favorite. It covers A LOT of mature topics, and has a lot of bad words, so if you don't want to read a lot about stuff like that, I wouldn't read this.
I think my favorite character was Katie, because she went through a tough life and she made it through. Also, she is different, from what I usually read about, meaning she isn't the typical teen. Once again, I enjoyed this book, and its a quick read, but a little strange and for some people, hard to process.

TBR:
We Were Liars
Counting by 7s
The Martian


No comments:

Post a Comment