Sunday, December 14, 2014

Cabaret

Opening night. We race back and forth serving our excited and hungry audience, nervous for the show to start. "Places!" Anita tells us. We scramble 'backstage', as the lights dim and the soloists for our first number run onto the stage. I wait for our cue, and then we all end up onstage, looking into the bright lights and the smiling audience. We eventually finish the song, and the lights turn off as me and 5 other people go onto the stage. My heart is pounding, and I'm afraid everyone near me can hear. This is basically my solo, except I'm singing the choruses with the others. I'm super nervous, because I tend to mix up the verses, and I hope today isn't the day I mess it up. The spotlight turns on, facing me, and the band begins to play. I wait for the intro to end, my heart beating faster and faster, louder and louder. I better not mess this up. I begin to sing, looking into the audience, getting more and more comfortable onstage. Once again, the song ends, and the rest of the show continues.
 That night went perfect for almost everyone, and at the end we jump up and down with excitement, but knowing tomorrow is another performance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment