Thursday, January 9, 2014

Slice of Life

   The snowflakes dance down my boots and socks. The icy feeling is like a spring because it makes me jump up. The sky is gray but the sun is peeking through that dull gray color. I glance down at the snow and its so bright a can't take it. I am in my backyard with my dog. He is in a dog coat that we put on him to keep him warm. When the snow is around a inch, and of course my dog is extra hyper.

   I chase him around, with him rolling around and getting all covered in snow. He is like a snow magnet because when he walks outside he is dry, but when he steps onto the grass, he gets covered in snow. The snow on him melts, and turns into water, and getting my dog soaked, which makes him look like a rat. I shiver, yet keep running around with my dog.

   I finally stop, and look through one of the windows of my room. I see the faint outline of my hamsters cage and smile, but stop looking when I hear a loud bark from my dog. I get ahold of him and head inside. It felt like a winter wonderland.
snow-falling1.jpg





5 comments:

  1. I love your simile in the second sentence. It is so full of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live how descriptive this is. I have had those kind of moments with my dog too, but he would tear up a dog coat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Playing in the snow is so much fun and you show it here. The first two sentences were special!

    ReplyDelete