Saturday, January 25, 2014

Slice of Life Hamster

   I'm lying on my bed doodling with my hamster in my other hand, who is cleaning himself. I put him down and let him run around my bed. I keep and eye on him to make sure he doesn't fall (not that he would) and continue doodling at the same time. I walk over to the window and glance at the sunshine. It almost blinds me so I look away and skip over to my bed. I look around my bed for my hamster. No where to be seen. I look under my pillows. No. Under my bed. Nope. My heart is pounding and I'm afraid everyone could hear it. This is my second month with my hamster and he's gone. 

   I flip open my covers and catch a glimpse of a grayish black bump. It turns out to be my hamster cleaning himself. Acting all innocent. I feel a wave of relief come through me and I gently pick him up and take him over to his cage. That was close.

 
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2637/4137938349_792ee485d0.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I love the mix of suspense and humor. Nice SOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an adorable slice, Abby! I could feel your rising panic as I read. I particularly liked the listing of where you looked, something about that structure really works well.

    ReplyDelete