Friday, January 17, 2014

Slice of Life- Mexico

The hot sun burns my back when I walk over to the pool. Barcelo Maya Palace Hotel and Resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico is like paradise. All you do is relax. I jump into the cold, refreshing pool, and get all wet. My friend is there to, and we are just chilling in the pool and having fun. I swim over to the pool bar, and order a cherry coke. I drink it and get out of the pool to dry up. I stand next to the pool and talk to my friend, who is in it, but suddenly, I feel a push. I lose my balance and fall into the pool. I turn around and see my annoying 11 year old cousin, Simon, laughing at me. I run out of the pool and chase him around (but walking). I get tired of it and give up, so I walk over to the pool again.

I feel a drip of water, then another, then another. I look up and see a bunch of raindrops. In Mexico, when it rains, it pours. Its warm rain, but I get soaked in 30 seconds. I walk over with my friend, Michelle, over to a area that actually has a roof. My parents are at a buffet, eating away, not having any idea its raining, while Michelle and I are trying to be brave enough to run over to the towel area. We finally have the guts to, so we run over, and then covering ourselves, run over to the beach where my parents stuff is, trying to save their stuff before it gets soaked. Too late. All of the stuff is soaked, but we manage to get ahold of it and bring it over to my parents. That was a kind thing to do, and I'm proud of us, because we also had fun while saving their stuff. 

-This was over thanksgiving break this school year, and my family, cousins, and friends were there. In Mexico.- 

2 comments:

  1. You have some nice action going here in this post, talking about your cousin pushing you, you running through the rain, the rain beginning. It feels very real and alive on the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how discriptive you talk about the rain and the sun

    ReplyDelete