Monday, October 20, 2014

Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

This is a REALLY book about a 15 year old girl named Lina, who gets deported by the Soviets along with the rest of her family, her mom, her dad, and her younger brother Jonas. They are forced to work at a labor camp, and her father is separated from them, and they are forced to work all day and then they have to move to Siberia, and are freezing cold.

This book is fairly violent, about World War II and its a REALLY good book, like I said before. I don't really like books about war and that sort of thing, but I really like this book. It says a lot about history, and has a lot with friendship, trust, and robbery. I recommend it for anyone who would like some violence, not too much, and a sad, touching book.


TBR

This One Summer
If I Stay
Leviathan-Sarah
To Kill A Mocking Bird- Talia

4 comments:

  1. i reallywant to read this. I was going to read this once last year but then i ran out of time and had to read a different book but i still really wanted to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome! I'll totally read it. Thanks for the suggestion...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book. It hits both marks, sad and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. at first I was like holy dam 50 shades of grey and I was like WOW but then I realized I'm not dyslexic and I read your description and I was like okay nice book

    ReplyDelete