Monday, September 23, 2013

Week 5 Ask My Mood Ring How I Feel

This week I read a book called Ask My Mood Ring How I Feel by Diana Lopez. This book is about a girl named Erica but her nickname is Chia since she has a lot of Chia Pets. She has two younger siblings, one a geeky little sister named Carmen, and the other one is a two year old little brother named Jimmy. When they find out their mom has breast cancer, everything flips. Erica has to do all she can to fullfill her promesa, meaning promise in Spanish. This book really makes you think, and is a medium pace book that is pretty touching and expresses the fact that friends really do help even if they are 'long lost'. This page might be a two week book for some people, but is pretty simple to read in one week.

Number of pages- 324
Pace- Medium
Next week's book- Masterpiece by Elise Broach

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a sad but inspiring book. It sounds pretty good actually. I throw it on my list but might not get to it. Tanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds, quirky, and sad. And I like a book that makes you think so it sounds promising. And like JP, I might not be able to get to it because of my huge freaking reading list, but thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a sad and fun book to read. I agree with what Rachel and JP said

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of it until now but it sounds like a book I would like. It is now on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete