Sunday, September 1, 2013

Abby Vilner's First Blog

Hey peeps! I'm Abby, I really like to sing, act, dance, read, play soccer, and HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!! I have 3 pets- 2 dogs and one hamster. I'm 11 years old, born on July 15th 2002. My favorite colors are green and purple and my favorite animals are dogs, dolphins, giraffes, and hamsters. I like to read in a lot of categories but I don't really like non fiction but I read and like a lot of fiction.


My top 3 favorite books that I really enjoy and recommend are:

1. Eight Keys by Suzanne LaFleur.

This book is about a girl named Elise and both her parents passed away so she lives with her Aunt and Uncle and they are pretty wealthy. Elise's BFF is a boy named Franklin who seems to be very nice but one day their relationship starts to fade and for a while, Elise is on her own. For all her life, Elise has been wondering what is behind those eight doors that are in her Uncle's barn. Its up to her her to find the missing keys of the past.

2. Mango Shaped Space by Wendy Mass

Since birth, Mia has always saw something different in life. Words, sounds, and numbers have always had a color to them. This has always been a secret- but when it starts to affect schoolwork, she will have to spill it. After a while, Mia realizes that she has synesthesia, a mingling of senses.

3. One for the Murphy's by



5 comments:

  1. Abby,
    All three of your books sound excellent and are going on my "to be read" list. Synesthesia is such a crazy interesting condition and I am intrigued to find it in a fiction book. Thanks for the suggestions!

    -K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby,
    Excellent first post and you have a great voice in your writing. The phrases you used in your reviews of the books are wonderful. I loved A Mango Shaped Space but will have to add the other two books to my TBR list. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One for the Murphys sounds like a good book. I think I would like Eight Keys as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh. I have never read any of these, but now i might check them out.Your description of "A Mango Shaped Space" was particularly informative. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE A Mango Shaped Space and i have been meaning to read Eight Kyes

    ReplyDelete