Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Martian by Andy Weir

This book is about a man named Mark Watney who is an astronaut who goes with other astronauts up to space, and when they get to Mars, there is a huge sandstorm. When Mark disappears, they leave because they can't find him anywhere. After leaving him on Mars thinking he's dead, he has to figure out how to survive until Ares 4, which is when other astronauts go into space. Of course he has food and all, but he can easily run out of oxygen or anything. This is more of a survival adventure book, and it's really good. I'd consider it a Sci-Fi, and usually I don't really like those kinds of books, but this was really good. Although some parts were boring, I liked it. There was A LOT of cussing.

TBR-
Love Letters to the Dead
Counting by Sevens
The Promise of a Pencil

I really recommend the book Out of My Mind for ANYONE so EVERYONE should read it.

How I choose a book- I don't really have a specific was of picking books. Mainly I just look at different books either in the library or a different place, and I read what they are about, and if I like the description I choose that book. I also look at other people's blogs and see what they like. Sometimes I ask other people their recommendations for books I might like. This year I tend to pick different genres unlike other previous years when I only picked one genre and that's it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment