Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Grandmaster by David Klass

This book is about a boy, Daniel who got invited along with 2 other boys to a father-son chess tournament, and finds out that his dad was one of the best chess players 30 years ago. The two boys who invited Daniel are seniors, and make fun of Daniel for being not one pf the best chess players. But he finds out a lot about chess and the secrets his dad had been hiding, and the people behind it.

I really liked this book, and even though it was based around chess and I don't know anything about chess, you don't have to know anything about chess to read this book. It's like a realistic fiction, suspension, and action, and includes friendship, finding out secrets, and finding out more about yourself than you knew before. I really liked this book, and my favorite character would be Daniel, because he finds out a lot about himself, and is really smart and brave. It doesn't really have any mature topics or language, but only a little bit. I would recommend it to anyone, so read it!

3 comments:

  1. I agree as I also enjoyed this book very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might like this book. The fact you didn't like chess and you still read this book. It sounds like a book that I would read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that this book was really good, even though I don't know a lot about chess either. Nice Review!

    ReplyDelete