Monday, September 22, 2014

The Summer of Letting Go

The Summer of Letting Go by Gae Polisner

This is a really good book about a girl named Francesca who's brother drowns (I'm not giving it away) and it's Francesca's fault. The guilt inside of her rises and she can't take it anymore. In the meantime, her best friend has drifted apart from her with a boy, and Francesca is on her own. She meets a little boy, Frankie, who she compares to her brother and there might me something going on.

I can't say too much without giving it away, but it is a really good book. I would say that its a fairly quick read, but not that quick. It is a little confusing, but kind of a mystery type book. Another genre is romance/friendship, but not in THAT way. I would recommend it for anyone, and I would say, there are some mature topics.

TBR

-The Adoration of Jenna Fox
-The Promise of a Pencil
-The Circle- Recommended by Gavin
-Bird

Yay I get CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. sounds really good and i will ad it to my TBR list, nice description.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Circle seems like an excellent book. Great writing Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read this book!! So much!! thanks for the suggestion and I also want to read the circle

    ReplyDelete