Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Fault in our Stars

The Fault in our Stars by John Green

This book is really good but really sad, but amazingly written. It is a romance, and tragic sort of story with a little twist. It has some inappropriate moments and it discusses mature topics, so I would recommend this book for anyone, who likes this genre and is interested about reading about cancer. It is about a girl named Hazel and her journey through surviving with lung cancer. She pretty much sits around at home all day, and her parents stay with her and help her out. When her mom forces to go to support group, Hazel at first refuses but eventually agrees. One day, she comes to support group she finds a attractive boy staring at her for the whole time, and his name is Augustus Waters and he has osteosarcoma which causes him to lose a leg, but is completely fine for now. I can't explain too much about the rest of their story without giving it away, but pretty much Gus and Hazel fall in love and it seems like one of those love stories but has a major twist to it. They also made a movie based on the book, and I saw the movie first, which has a lot of stuff that the movie doesn't have from the book, but that's okay. In all, I would recommend the book, and the movie.

TBR

The Summer of Letting Go

This One Summer

Cloaked

My Mother the Cheerleader- Recommended by Linda

8 comments:

  1. OMG i loved that movie and i cant wait to read the book. Nice description!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book so much and i have read a few of the other books by the author that I loved as well. one of my favorites was an abundance of Katherine's

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never read this book, and I really want to. Im on the waiting list for the library and there are 650 people in front of me :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have heard good things about this book. i should read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!! Everyone has to read it! I agree with Hailey, I also liked An Abundance of Katherines

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that all of the comments from girls are overly enthusiastic and the boys don't care. I personally really didn't like the story of this book, but the movie was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this book and it was good but it was SUPER sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone says I should read this book, and I think it is about time that I do.

    ReplyDelete