Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Slice of Life- Skiing

For the first time in the 2014 winter, I finally went skiing. My dad and I carefully drive out of out mountain house and make our way to Keystone. Its early, and as we drive to Keystone we see the sun low in the sky, rising up. The snow is trickling down, and the roads are busy with cars heading towards the ski areas. 

When my dad and I got to Keystone we were in luck because there were only a few parking spots. We got our ski boots on and walked over to the ski lift. We got our passes ready to be scanned, and slipped our skis on. It took about 15-20 minutes to get up to the mountain and the runs. 

We finally got to the best part: the runs. We started on a blue one, Mozart and glided down. I rushed across the powdery snow, and sprayed the people behind me (accidentally). We finished our very first run and made it over to the second mountain. For the rest of the day we skied and skied with a lunch break in between. I spent some quality time with my dad, and HAD FUN!!

5 comments:

  1. I love skiing too, even though I always seem to get in fights about what run to take with my dad:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I don't ski, I really felt your excitement of your skiing day with your dad. I like this line: "I rushed across the powdery snow"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a lot of fun! I have never skied keystone but that run is in the location where it would get the most snow. Accidentally? Are you sure?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only skied once, so I really don't know what you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete